Making a latte with an espresso machine is a piece of cake; the real challenge is making it at home. Though the process is not that difficult, getting the right taste will need your concentration. The machine will always produce this hot drink in the standard taste or according to the settings you choose, but what makes a latte even more unique is when you make it yourself.
Getting down to business, below are the instructions you need to follow to make a latte and the list of ingredients and cutlery you will need to make it.
Ingredients and Cutlery
- You will need to make or purchase strongly brewed coffee or espresso
- Milk – either non-fat or 2% at the most
- Cocoa powder
- A wide coffee cup
- A medium-sized jar with a lid
- A spoon
If you plan on making the latte at home, you should make sure that you start from scratch. This means that you will need to brew some strong coffee or make espresso at home. If you do not know how to brew coffee, you can even use the espresso machine to do it for you. Just make sure that it is a strong one. Once you have this with you, the rest is easy to do:
- It is now time for the milk. Take as much milk as you need and pour it into the jar. Make sure that it is only half full, not all the way. Put the lid on as tightly as you can and start shaking the jar. Do this as hard as you can for about a whole minute. Once you see that the amount of milk has increased and it has become frothy, you will know it is ready.
- Uncover the jar and put it in the microwave. Heat it for about 30 seconds. You will notice that the foam of the milk will rise to the top. The main purpose of the microwave is to help stabilize this foam.
- If you feel that the above two directions are too much to handle, a foolproof way to get out of them is by using the milk frother. It will give you the same results as above in no time.
- There are a few things you need to note in this step. This is the part where you mix the milk and coffee together. Take the large cup and pour the espresso/coffee into it first and then, pour the milk. You will need to hold back the foam, so use a spoon for that.
- Once the milk and coffee are mixed, add the foam as much as you like into your latte.
Now is the time that you either garnish your drink or add some décor to it. Whichever you choose, you can find lots of tutorials online for making various designs. You can learn a few simple designs from below video
These are a couple of things that you need to take note of. If you want to sweeten your drink, add some syrup in the milk and add the foam on top of it.